Health Benefits of Eating Seeds
Seeds are plant itself because it contains all the nutrients needed for growth of a new plant. Seeds are excellent package of nutrition because of its healthy minerals and their niacin and folic acid contents. They are very good sources of iron and zinc , as well as proteins. They are rich source of vitamin E. So it is not surprising that they are good source of complete food. And it is not just for birds, but include them in your shopping list. Refer Best Healthy Seeds List.
In Hindu mythology the god Yama blessed the sesame seed and these tiny seeds are regarded throughout the East as symbols of immortality. On the Occasion of Sankranti in January, we make lot of sweets using sesame seeds because of its nutritional values, specially in winter.
- They are full of zinc, minerals and protein.
- They promotes skin health ,giving skin more elasticity. Sesame oil is also known to sooth burns.
- They are helpful in preventing diabetes, reducing blood pressure, heart health, preventing cancer, improving bone health, relieving constipation.
How to enjoy sesame seeds?
Add sesame seeds into batter of bread, muffins and cakes.
Combine toasted sesame seeds with rice vinegar, soy sauce and used as a dressing for salads, noodles and vegetables.
You can grind sesame seeds with some spices and make it a chutney as in Indian meals.
- They are rich in amino acids alanine, glycine and glutamic acid.
- They are goo source of zinc and omega-3 essential fatty acids.
- They also contain protein, iron and phosphorus.
- Crunchy, delicious pumpkin seeds are high in calories, about 559 calories per 100 g.
- They are antioxidant support as it contents vitamin E.
- Reduce inflammation for arthritis without the side effects of anti-inflammatory drugs
- Are good for prostate health! The oil in pumpkin seeds alleviates difficult urination that happens with an enlarged prostate.
- They are beneficial for stress relief, Osteoporosis, preventing cancer, Diabetes, Kidneys, relieving the pain and for heart health also.
- Pumpkin seeds are considered as super food, because it boosts your energy levels.
How to Enjoy Pumpkin seeds?
Add pumpkin seeds to vegetables, green salads, cereals.
Grind pumpkin seeds with dip or chutneys like mint chutney or coriander chutney.
Add ground pumpkin seeds to burger or cutlets.
Sunflower seeds are a favorite snack for many; their mild nutty flavor and crunchy texture can be addictive.
- They contain vitamin E which is useful for anti-inflammatory diet.
- They are great source of proteins with fine quality of amino acids which are essential for growth of children.
- They are rich source of Calcium, iron, manganese, zinc, magnesium, selenium and copper.
- Sunflower seeds promote easy digestion because of its fiber content.
- Sunflower seeds are one of the finest sources of B-complex vitamins, such as niacin, folic acid, thiamin (vitamin B1), pyridoxine (vitamin B6), pantothenic acid and riboflavin
How to enjoy sunflower seeds?
Add seeds into chicken tuna salad recipes, cereals, vegetables.
Sprinkle on green salads.
You can sprinkle these seeds on scrambled eggs.
You can ground sunflower seeds and mix into flour.
Quinoa is a Power food Vegetable Seed! A complete protein and fantastic wheat-free alternative, the demand for quinoa has risen sharply in recent years.
- They are good source of protein with 9 essential amino acids, the protein balance is same as milk.
- They are considered as super food as it improves stamina and quicker recovery time.
- They are antiseptic because of saponins from Quinoa are used to promote healing of skin injuries.
- It is widely used in gluten free recipes.
- It is complex carbohydrate with low glycemic index and won't increase your blood sugar.
How to enjoy Quinoa?
Add nuts and fruits to cooked quinoa as a cereal in breakfast.
Sprouted quinoa can be used in salads.
Ground quinoa flour can be mixed with other flours.
- They are high quality, highly digestible protein
- They are perfect proportion of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids
- They contains all the essential fatty acids
- They are nutty like taste goes well with many foods
- They are included in gluten-free, vegan diet.
- They are good source of iron, phosphorus, magnesium and manganese
- They high amino acid content can beneficially affect muscle performance, stamina and recovery.
- They can help reduce inflammation.
How to enjoy Hemp seeds?
Add a tablespoon to the cereals in breakfast.
Sprinkle on salads, vegetables, soups or smoothies.
Add in any cooked grain like Quinoa, rice, etc.
Add in any snacks like popcorn.
- Flaxseed is one of the most concentrated plant sources of omega-3 fats. Flaxseeds contain 50 to 60 per cent omega-3 fatty acids in the form of alpha linoleic acid. Vegetarians and vegans often use this as a substitute for fish oil.
- Flaxseeds are a good source of magnesium.
- Flaxseeds have been shown to protect post-menopausal women from heart disease.
- Flaxseed intake can help in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant protection.
- They are used in cancer prevention and good for digestive health because of its fiber content.
How to enjoy Flax seeds?
Sprinkle on cold or hot cereals in breakfast.
Add flaxseeds into bread, cake or muffin batter.
Sprinkle some ground flaxseed onto vegetables.
Add a tablespoon of flaxseed oil to smoothies.
Buy Flax Seeds Online.
10 Best Recipes of Flax Seeds
The tiny, healthy seeds can be made to taste like whatever you want, and their unique gelling action keeps you feeling full for hours.
- They are used in wright loss and you don't have to starve and use any pills.
- They are helpful in maintaining blood sugar levels.
- Chia seeds are rich in polyunsaturated fats, especially omega-3 fatty acids.
- They are rich source of minerals, antioxidants and fiber.
- They are Egg replacer as its outer layer swells when mixed with liquids to form gel. This can be used in place of eggs to lower cholesterol and increase the nutrient content of foods and baked goods.
- They are considered as gluten free and very famous for gluten free diet.
How to enjoy chia seeds?